Buttered Pecan French Toast
- Servings: 4 servings
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Created by: Blue Ribbon Classics
- 1 heaping cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 Tbsp. lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, for the pan
- Blue Ribbon Classics Vanilla Ice Cream (for serving)
- Maple syrup (for serving)
- Caramel sauce (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place the pecan pieces on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, until fragrant and golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the pecans and brown sugar, stirring until the butter is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir just until the sugar is dissolved. Lastly, stir in the vanilla.
- Working with one slice of bread at a time, put a sice into the egg mixture and let it soak for 15 seconds on each side.
- Using medium heat and a nonstick pan, melt butter. Place 2 or 3 slices onto the heated pan and cook for about 2 minutes per side or unti golden brown on each side. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining bread.
- Place 2 slices of french toast on a plate, covering them first with the buttered pecans.
- Next, add 1-2 scoops of Blue Ribbon Classics Vanilla Ice Cream on top of the pecans.
- Cover with caramel sauce and syrup.
Nothing can beat the ultimate classic. Artificially flavored vanilla reduced fat ice cream.