Strawberry Compote Topping
- Created by:
- 1 lb. of strawberries, cut in quarters
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 2 tbsp of water
- Blue Ribbon Classics Strawberry Shortcake Bars
- Cut the tops off the strawberries then cut into quarters (or smaller if smoother compote is desired).
- Add strawberries to a pot along with the lemon juice and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch and water into a slurry, then add to pot and cook for another 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes before topping the Strawberry Shortcake Bars (or any other frozen treat).
Strawberry Shortcake Bar
Strawberry lovers will enjoy this artificially flavored vanilla frozen dairy dessert with a strawberry flavored center rolled in cake pieces. At Blue Ribbon Classics, we don’t just make frozen treats. We make days better. Moods brighter. Traditions stronger. Occasions more fun. We make memories to last a lifetime. One delicious, ice creamy bite at a time.