Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Servings: 20
- Created by:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 cups heat-treated flour (Heat-treating flour is very easy to do in your home oven, but you can also purchase it online)
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cartons Blue Ribbon Classics Vanilla Frozen Dairy Dessert
- To heat treat flour: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread flour onto baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely before using.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt on medium-high for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla and beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Turn mixer to low, add in flour, chocolate chips, and mini chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk. Mix on low until dough begins to form a ball.
- Roll cookie dough out into 1⁄4” thickness. Using a 3” round cookie cutter or glass cup, cut out circles and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Continue this process until all cookie dough has been made into round circles, around 20 cookies.
- Freeze edible cookie dough cookies for a minimum of 4 hours before assembling sandwiches.
- To assemble sandwiches, add one large scoop of Blue Ribbon Classics Vanilla to a frozen edible cookie dough cookie. Top with an additional frozen edible cookie dough cookie. Press down lightly. Repeat the process until all cookies have been used.
- Freeze sandwiches for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.